Dismiss a ticket or get an insurance discount. Complete a court-ordered defensive driving course. Register for a driver improvement course today.
4-Hour Defensive Driving Course (Self-Paced & Mobile Friendly)
The online driver safety course was created with Tennessee drivers in mind! Quick to access and easy to use. Our course is based on the Tennessee Comprehensive Driver License Manual, so you see essential information outlined by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security. The four hour course can be completed once every four years. This is an optional course to remove points (not the violation) from your record.
The easiest way to send your certificate is to upload it to the TN DL Portal. Go to Reinstatement Center then to upload reinstatement requirements. For questions, please call Financial Responsibility at 866-903-7357. We will also mail your certificate directly to Nashville if requested by emailing email@example.com.
- Approved by Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Court-accepted ticket dismissal
- Discount on auto insurance premiums with most carriers
- 100% mobile-friendly platform
- Fully narrated video with closed captioning and no timers
- Practice quizzes to prepare you for the completion test
- Intelligent bookmarking so you can start and stop without missing content
- Completion certificate available immediately after passing the final exam. You are responsible for uploading to the portal, faxing or mailing to the Financial Responsibility department.
- For technical support call 877-265-2170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returning Users, please click here
8-Hour Driver Improvement Course (Live Stream Via Zoom)
Did you receive a letter stating you need to complete an 8-hour course? This course is approved by the Tennessee Department of Homeland Security (TDHOS) and fulfills that requirement.
Classes are held live stream via Zoom on select Saturdays each month from 9 AM until 5 PM.
You must have a camera and mic and readily available to participate and engage. Classes are lead by AAA-certified instructors.
For participation, a AAA Driver Improvement Student Guide is mandatory. Registration received 2 - 3 days before the start of class (Wednesday - Friday) will require students to stop by our administrative offices located at 1025 Whitney Avenue to pick up a copy in preparation for class that Saturday.
You will receive an electronic Certificate of Completion within 48 hours after completing the class, and we will also email your certificate to TDHOS. For many insurance providers, this certificate will qualify you for a discount on auto insurance. However, because every driver's situation is different, please check with your insurance company prior to registration for the course.